Monday, August 6, 2007

What would have been , had I not been

Don't know , who the original shayar is , so can't acknowledge, got it from a friend and liked it
Kidmat e pesh hai --

Kisi ke door jaane par, Kisi ki yaad aane par ;
Bahut se log rote hain, Ki rona ek rawayat hai;
Rawayat tod jaata hoon, tumhari yaad aane par;
Mein aksar muskurata hoon, tumhari ........

For those of you , who are poor in Urdu like me, rawayat means tradition.

I recall one more sher from Mirza Ghalib, that questions the very purpose & meaning of one's existence -
Here it goes-

Na tha kuch to khuda tha, na hota kuch to khuda hota;
Duboya mujhko isi hone na hone ne, Na hota mein to kya hota?

Translation - When nothing was there, God was ; when nothing will be there, God will be.
I have got so confused with this business of being and non-being, I ponder , " What would have been , had I not been?"

No comments: